In your absence I find other forms of amusement.
"What Would Jesus Do?" may be a good philosophy of life for some, but I find that it rarely helps me decide how much to tip a hooker."
-Charles Gulledge, www.ruminate.com
I find god in a good karaoke song, a slice of citrus cake at Pambiche, the unapologetically aggressive white blossoms of my pear tree, a fur coat and a warm body on some ecstatic evening, the smell of lime juice on my fingertips, almost every orgasm, the first glass of wine on the first date, a well-placed semi-colon, the love we give and receive without asking. What the hell does the Bible have to tell me about that?
Ce n'est pas un compliment.
"What Would Jesus Do?" may be a good philosophy of life for some, but I find that it rarely helps me decide how much to tip a hooker."
-Charles Gulledge, www.ruminate.com
I find god in a good karaoke song, a slice of citrus cake at Pambiche, the unapologetically aggressive white blossoms of my pear tree, a fur coat and a warm body on some ecstatic evening, the smell of lime juice on my fingertips, almost every orgasm, the first glass of wine on the first date, a well-placed semi-colon, the love we give and receive without asking. What the hell does the Bible have to tell me about that?
Ce n'est pas un compliment.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home